The Software Revolution, Inc. (TSRI) offers a fully automated legacy application modernization service, designed to help organizations better understand and maintain their valuable applications, as well as transform and refactor applications to extend their lifecycle. TSRI’s JANUS Studio® transformation engine is the unique and proprietary toolset that is used to assess, document, transform and refactor legacy applications. This same toolset is used to assess and transform the underlying database and user interface layers, to both understand the existing legacy environment, as well as transform that environment into a multi-tiered modern architecture, of the customer’s choice. Customers can now migrate legacy applications to the cloud, and web-enable irreplaceable computer systems at near 100% levels of automation, or use any combination of terminal emulation and web-based UI desired. By transforming legacy code, databases and user interfaces in a fully automated fashion, TSRI:
- Shortens project schedules, and reduces cost and project risk.
- Perfectly preserves the function of the original application; the translated code runs identically to the original, and all user interactions are preserved.
- Eliminates the need for manual intervention after conversion to hand tune the code, ensuring that translated code is perfectly uniform and easily maintainable.
- Removes the costs associated with mainframe operation. Modernized code runs identically to the legacy application in a cloud environment/web browsers or emulators (whichever the client prefers).
- Ensures that the translation is extremely accurate.
- Achieves extremely fast code transformation, with 1 million lines of code being transformed in around 30 minutes.
- Significantly improves performance of the modernized code, which is also elastic and scalable in cloud-based PAAS/IAAS.
- Allows handheld mobile devices like tablets/iPads to seamlessly run legacy applications
A typical TSRI project will include all or some of the following deliverables: