Displaying items by tag: Code and Design Optimization
Raytheon contracted with TSRI to modernize, refactor, and develop code-level documentation for the Global Positioning Navigation and Timing Systems (GPNTS) Navigation Sensor System Interface (NAVSSI) Replacement Project. These systems support combat, command and control, information and other mission critical capabilities.
- Customer: Raytheon
- Source & Target Language: Ada to C++
- Lines of Code: 221,372
- Duration: 8 months
- Services: Tuned JANUS Studio® to NAVWAR codeing standards, Code Transformation, External Interface Resolution, Code and Design Optimization, Automatic Refactoring, System Integration & Test Support, Transformation Blueprint ®
With maintenance costs increasing for the national crime information tracking system, a significant portion of the agency's crime fighting budget was required for hiring staff with experience maintaining mainframes, non-adherence to the Common Operating Environment (COE) adding to costs, and aging technology (IBM Mainframe, DB2, CICS, CA-GEN, COBOL, Assembler, C, MQ Serices , JCL) making enhancements difficult to perform, the nation crime fighting agency initiated a Legacy Migration study to assess migration from the current legacy application architecture to an open Java/JEE application architecture.
- Customer: Criminal Justice Information Services Division
- Source & Target Language: Coolgen/COBOL to Java/JEE
- Lines of Code: 4.3 Million
- Services: Tuned JANUS Studio® to customer code, Coolgen/COBOL and C to Java/JEE Code Transformation, Coolgen/COBOL and C to Java/JEE Transformation Blueprint®